Frequently Asked Questions
I'm having trouble communicating with my Jupiter Subsea Control System, what do you recommend that I do?
- Check The datalink configuration against the Quick Start Guide.
- Test with the deck test cable to isolate the system from external equipment.
The license dongle for my Jupiter Subsea Control System is missing, will the system still operate?
- If a dongle is lost or mislaid and the software version is 5.42 or later it will continue to operate for one month. We recommend you obtain a new dongle from Zetechtics as soon as possible.
- For earlier versions of software use the password provided or contact Zetechtics >>> 24 Hour Technical Support.
- Zetechtics can also issue license keys and passwords to enable software features while awaiting supply of a new dongle >>> Learn more about dongles...
- For a temporary license key you will be asked to provide a system identifier:
What compensation fluid should I use in my Jupiter Subsea Control System?
- Zetechtics recommend the use of Shell Diala B/BP / Engergol JS-A (or equivalent) transformer oil.
- It is good practice to filter any oil to remove water content. Water and other contaminants in the compensation oil is the most common cause of faults in Jupiter Control Systems.
Do I need to pay to use the 24 Hour Technical Support service?
- No. Zetechtics offer FREE technical support for the life of the system. A service agreement isn’t required and the telephone hotline is not a premium rate number.
The manuals for my Subsea Control System have been misplaced, where can I find them?
- If you have lost your hard copy manuals then you will find digital copies in PDF format included on both the Jupiter Software installation CD and data stick delivered with your system.
If you are unsure about any aspects of the set-up and operation of your Jupiter system please contact our technical support team >>> 24 Hour Technical Support